Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Beauty in the Mundane

This is an entry I came across in my journal from October 2011. It really encouraged me to be reminded of what God has been teaching me over the course of this internship and season in my life, so I thought I'd share it with the hopes that it encourages you as well. :)

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, He has put eternity into man's heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from beginning to end." Ecc. 3:11

Today is just another day. One of those that can seem mundane. There's nothing spectacular, no big event that is happening today. But this day is important. It's another chance to learn from God and look for ways to show His love. In this life, there is one thing and one thing only that is not "striving after the wind" (Ecc. 2:11). And that is living for God. This may be an ordinary day, but it is one of many that God is using to form the season I am in. Day by day, though I may not see it or feel it, my God is working on me from the inside out. Therefore, this is not simply just another day. It's a construction zone. I want to set out and be joyful in everything that happens. I want to laugh, live and be joyful. I want my excitement for the day and for being under construction to be contagious. Because when the finished product of this season comes, I want to rejoice at how God made everything beautiful in its time. I want to look for the beauty in all things as He silently works to make everything beautiful. There is beauty in seasons of brokenness as well as seasons of wholeness. Jesus, make me more like you and use today to teach me what it is You want me to learn. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment