Saturday, December 17, 2011

Take It As It Comes

God has been working on my heart about a lot lately. I feel as though I need to go through each day and each situation and just "ponder things in my heart" as Mary did in Luke 2:19. I have tried to get in the habit lately of taking each day as it comes. As a creative and a girl, this is difficult. It's so easy to over think things or plan out exactly how my day will go, but so hard to just rest in the assurance that God holds me. Why is this? The One who created the stars is intimately involved in my day to day life, yet I cannot trust Him with the plans He has for me? It just doesn't make sense. I want to stop living like I am in control. I have really made a point to do that lately. Can I just say, it's an incredible feeling to simply let go? That doesn't mean not caring about the day or situation, but just resting in the peace that He really does work all things together for the good of those who love Him.

I have had a situation that keeps taking me by surprise lately. I really never know what to expect or how to act. I would cry to God and whine about it consistently and even store up anger and hurt in my heart. I finally said, "I have had enough. I can no longer carry this!" That's when I feel like God stepped in gave much needed perspective and peace.

It's hard to be where our feet are when we have dreams and desires. We automatically make elaborate plans and solutions. This does not leave room for God. How can we live in His will if we plan for Him? I for one am done planning. Not to say I'm going to go through life aimlessly, but that I always want to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit and know that while things do not make sense sometimes, God sees the big perspective and knows what He is doing.

The way God works is so much greater than our ways, how precious are His thoughts! God gave me a beautiful picture of the way He loves tonight at church: We entered a time of prayer towards the end of the service and the daddy of a girl I know is on the leadership team, so he went up to pray for people. In a moment, the girl went up to her daddy and wanted him to pray for her. She put her hands up on his big strong shoulders and he looked at her with pure love. He swept the hair out of her face with his hand and leaned down to listen to her whisper in his ear. I felt like God said to me, "Emily, this is Who I Am to you. I love you like that." I was overwhelmed with emotion and the beauty of the way He loves.

He really does care for you. He really does walk beside you every day and wait for you to look up to Him and whisper in His ear. He really does listen when you talk to Him. He really does work all things together for your good because you are called according to His purpose.

" For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment